14th ASIA PACIFIC ROUNDTABLE ON SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
Under the global economic pressure and the environmental and climate change crisis, the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) have promoted the sustainable industrial production patterns aligned with sustainable development goals (SDGs), especially the 12th goal. Known as the sustainable consumption and production (SCP) framework, UNEP and UNIDO advocate approaches to control the environmental processes, results and services to increase production efficiency while reducing the level of losses toward human and environment.
SCP is an important element to encourage utilization of resources in order to boost the sustainable economic growth. In SCP context, the increasing investment and business requires sustainable innovations and new business models accommodating the economy, social and envirnmental concerns. To do that, private sector needs financing that enables companies to invest in green technologies and environmental friendly business processes.
At national level, every country including Indonesia needs, to reach a certain consensus on SCP, including in terms of financing, to support the implementation of the Asia Pacific Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Roadmap for Asia and the Pacific. For that reason, The Asia Pacific Regional of United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) will organize the 14th Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Consumption and Production to facilitate creating a consensus and synergy program of both RECP’s global and Asia Pacific, to addressing environmental sustainability and promoting sustainable, inclusive and fair global growth for Asia and Pacific, as a clear action agenda for growing innovation in SCP.
1. Explore the current state of financing scheme available for SCP adoption and implementation. That includes understanding financing challenges to support private sector shifting towards the SCP.
2. Generate consensus on financing for SCP in line with Asia Pacific Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Roadmap for Asia and the Pacific and SDGs. It covers the collaboration framework and the focus area of financing for SCP.
- Thirty (30) participating countries from Asia Pacific Regions
- Officials Members of UNEP and UNIDO
- Observers from European, American, Australia, China and Mainland China
- Professional and Business International Organization
- Professional and Business Regional Organization
- Multi Nations and international Corporation in Sectors: Manufacturer, Industrial Estate – Real Estate – Agriculture & Food, Building & Construction – Mining & Metals, Tourism, and Finance
- Academic, NGO, and other SCP stakeholders
Edwin SyahruzadFinancing and Investment Director, PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero), Jakarta
Ivonne P ChandraCorporate Secretary,
Bank OCBC NISP,