12-14 November 2018
Investing on Innovation For Sustainable Consumption and Production
About the APRSCP
The Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Consumption and Production (APRSCP) has been a strong presence in the Region as a network that has been providing the platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue and partnerships to promote SCP best practices, programs, and stake-holder initiatives on SCP-related projects in Asia Pacific.
The APRSCP is an Asia-focused international, nongovernmental, non-profit, network institution, which is now registered as a Foundation in the Kingdom of Thailand. The APRSCP has been a dialogue platform, convening roundtable conferences since 1997. It has been playing a role as one of the regional partners facilitating the uptake of SCP research, policy and practice. To date, the APRSCP has held 13 roundtables, which were hosted by member countries in the Region together with the Board of Trustees of the APRSCP and supporting partners. The roundtables have been successful in building a strong regional network including participants from all sub-regions including South Asia, Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia, Central Asia and Australasia. (See APRSCP website: www.aprscp.net)
About the 14th APRSCP
The 14th Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Consumption and Production (14th APRSCP): “Investing in Innovation for SCP Implementation in Asia Pacific (towards enabling change for SDGs)” will be held on 12 – 14 November 2018 at Balai Kartini, Jakarta, Indonesia. This APRSCP Conference is conducted jointly with Indonesia Resource Efficiency Forum and Expo.
The 14th APRSCP is being hosted by the Indonesian Government led by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry Indonesia, and co-organized by the Indonesia Cleaner Production Center (PPBN) and Cendikia Synergy together with the Board of Trustees of the Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Consumption and Production (APRSCP).
The central theme of the 14th APRSCP is about “Agenda of Change,” change in the government by mainstreaming SCP policies, engaging the business and industry sector, and involving other stakeholders and the community through innovation, experience, and real implementation on the ground to contribute to the – measurable – implementation of the SDGs (beyond Goal 12) .
The theme will also reflect the relevant issues at the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) in sustainable development: “Transformation Towards Resilient and Sustainable Societies” held last July 2018 in New York and the upcoming COP 24 UNFCCC in Poland: “Changing Together.”
The Objectives of the 14th APRSCP are as follows:
- To provide a dialogue platform among effective change agents as decision-makers influencing regional and national implementation of SCP towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) particularly SDG 12 and SCP-related Goals.
- To discuss the need for systemic change and action on the ground by forming a community of practice through innovations, stake-holder collaborations, and advancing information sharing and knowledge platforms on SCP.
- To encourage and support discussion on emerging issues on SCP including the development of links on SDGs global/regional initiatives on SCP to improve cross-information and coordination between key regional/international partners on SCP related issues.
- To provide a dialogue platform, sharing experiences about business and industries initiatives on SCP and integrated resources efficiency solutions and production growth for better decision-making on SCP through innovation and investments
- 30-50 participating countries from the Asia Pacific Region
- Supporting International Partners and invited participants
- Countries in capacity as Observer from Europe and the Americas, including Australia and China and Mainland China
- International and National Business and Industries representatives, including International and Multinational corporation ( Industri Manufacture – Industrial Estate – Real Estate – Agriculture & food, Building & Construction – Mining & Metals, Tourism and Finance )
- Participants – Multi-Stakeholders working on advancing SCP
- NGOs, NPOs, Professional and Research Organizations: Chamber of Commerce, Academia, Youth Groups and Representatives etc.
Strengthened network and capacities on implementing SCP in the Region.
How to Participate
If you want to participate as Speaker; Exhibitor; Participant; side event/back to back event